2011 Holiday Letter

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Long Time, No see

Well, hello there! It's been a while, hasn't it? The lack of updates isn't a reflection of a lack of things to update, but rather the exact opposite. We have a verrrry busy baby here, one who loves to be on the move, one who loves to be snuggled and tickled and smooched, one who commands our very undivided and happily given attention.

We've had a flurry of fun milestones lately. Arlo began sitting up unassisted about a month ago, followed quickly by short bursts of rocking on his knees. Several weeks ago we were out in the garden, and when we came inside I deposited him in his pack-n-play so that I could wash my hands. When I came back into the room this is what I discovered:
He had pulled himself up on his knees and was leaning out of the pack-n-play. I stopped dead in my tracks and cheekily asked, "JUST WHAT do you think you're doing over there??" After a few giggles and some quick pictures, I promptly removed the bassinette feature from the pack-n-play. Holy moly.
Now Arlo has now mastered a crawl-flop of sorts. He's not quite coordinated or strong enough for a proper crawl, but he can crawl-flop his way across our king-size bed in seconds. It's adorable and frightening all at the same time.  We've been on the hunt for some foam mat flooring for our den in the basement because it's clear that he needs more real estate to practice his crawling. (And this--YIKES!--means we'll need to step up our childproofing.) We think we're going to go with these mats since they're the only ones we've found that are BPA-, phthalate-, and formamide-free.

Other recent news with pictures to come: we hosted the Watkins branch of the family tree for the long Memorial Day weekend; our garden is starting to erupt with bloomy goodness (beets, beans,basil, berries, oh my!); Arlo picked his first blueberries last weekend; and Arlo and I joined a stay-home mom playgroup.

More updates soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment