We celebrated Mother's Day the way we celebrate most holidays: fairly low-key, relaxed, and filled with good foods. I woke up to Arlo's sweet gummy smiles and chubby baby cuddles. I made coffee and savory cottage cheese pancakes with macerated strawberries. We piddled with our slowly hardening seedlings. Nick made lunch (grilled sandwiches with homemade pimento cheese--one of my fave former pregnancy cravings--served with his homemade Mex-Italian salsa), and he baked a deeelish banana and gooey marshmallow cake for dessert. We took a long walk along the river with the dog while Arlo napped away in the Moby wrap.
As I snuggled Arlo to sleep that night, I nestled my nose into his warm cheek and I quietly thanked him for making me his mother. I'm so very new to this motherhood gig, and I have so much still to learn. I have a feeling that Arlo is going to be an amazing teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment