2011 Holiday Letter

Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day!

It's Arlo's first Earth Day! We will celebrate Earth Day at tomorrow's festival at Old Mill Park, weather permitting. The river clean-up has been cancelled in the wake of all of our recent rain; the river is resultantly a bit woolly and wild at the moment.The festival activities include a free build-your-own birdbox, so we're hoping to put one together on behalf of our own squawky little baby bird:

Each morning, Arlo and I fill the three bird feeders in our yard. I'm certain he has no idea what we're doing, really, but I hope for this small act of stewardship to be a simple part of our daily routine. If there is anything I would like Arlo to take for granted, it's the responsibility of  taking care of the Earth and its creatures and a reverence for how all of us--the land, the animals, the people--are interconnected.
(Thanks for my awesome onesie, Grandma Betty! The world *is* all mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment