2011 Holiday Letter

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bon Anniversaire

December is full of sparkle and celebration, and, for us, the kick-off is my birthday on December 1. This year Nick and I celebrated with a quiet, intimate dinner at our fave downtown spot, Bistro Bethem. The staff gave us complimentary glasses of champagne for the occasion, and, with the fall semester pulling to a merciful close, I drank mine in quick, mighty gulps. We also had cocktails made with the yummiest and spiciest ginger brew and candied ginger. We started with a deelish cheese board of Cypress Grove goat cheeses--Truffle Tremore, Midnight Moon and Humboldt Fog with jams, walnut brittle, chestnut honey, dijon mustard and toast points. I had the brioche-cranberry-pancetta stuffed quail, house made game sausage, and sauteed root vegetables. Nick had organic free-range chicken breast, three cheese mac 'n' cheese and braised greens. We split a vanilla bean creme brulee for heavenly dessert. My mouth is watering just recalling the menu. Mmm.... Lots of happy calls and cards from friends and family rounded out a lovely, peaceful birthday. I did receive several gifts that will assuredly be a boost in both the skill and inspiration departments for our next garden chapter:





No comments:

Post a Comment