We recently harvested our first veggies from our gardens: our hot peppers! And
yowsa, they are
ohmygosh hot! We've been topping our turkey burgers with them, sprinkling finely diced peppers in our
omelets, etc. I've had to take the seeds out because they're just
toooo hot!

I'm longing for red and juicy homegrown tomatoes for so many reasons, and these peppers have me hungry for some fresh homemade salsa! These peppers would surely add some yummy heat to fresh salsa! I'm hoping that the pepper plants keep
kickin' out the peppers into tomato season. If our tomato plants withstand their own might and heft, you better believe I'm using them to make fresh salsa. And I just might share my recipe!

Great balls of fire:

I felt a combination of delight and worry as I snapped our first pepper from its bush. I was delighted because it felt like a worthy achievement nurturing a tiny seedling into a piece of food that will nurture us. The worry came from questioning if I was picking the pepper too soon. One taste and it was clear that it was picked at a good time.
I feel so much excitement about the picking to come!
-R
No comments:
Post a Comment